What’s happening in Charlotte?
This summer, Ethos is kickstarting STOA Lincoln Douglas, Team Policy, and Parli debate in Charlotte. The exciting thing? We’re hosting two camps at once. One camp will be for experienced debaters/speakers, and the other camp will focus on novice instruction. Plus, our parli track is specifically designed to teach LD or TP debaters, as well as complete novices, a new format! Ethos is also excited to announce that Gregory Rehmke, world-renowed economist and speaker, will attend to provide resolution-specific economics workshops and free pizza. It doesn’t matter if you’re a lingual maestro or know nothing: there’s something for everybody. Here’s what you need to know:
July 5th-7th for both camps
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Experienced: Tracks for experienced TP, LD, and Parli debaters through the lens of the STOA resolution
- Novice: Introduction to TP, LD, Parli, and general rhetoric with a look at the respective STOA resolutions.
We’re still finalizing who will be coaching at every specific camp. However, know you will be getting national-class coaching. The new guard here at Ethos has had a hand in training some of the best competitors in Stoa and NCFCA as well as helping novice and intermediate competitors achieve their goals. Your instruction will be world-class. Check out our team page for more info.
Metrolina Christian Academy, 732 Indian Trail Fairview Rd, Indian Trail, NC 28079.
BYOL. Go ahead and pack a sack lunch or gather some friends and order pizza!
Parents with Little Ones:
Our facility is also hosting a Winshape Camp the same dates as our Charlotte Camp! If you are considering sending your older child to our debate camp and are wondering what to do with your little ones, this is an extremely family-friendly, cost-effective, fun option. Check out more info and register here.
Why would I come to Charlotte?
We believe that excellence doesn’t come through shortcuts and winning the talent lottery. Rather, excellence is fostered and grown through constant effort and discipline. If you’re interested in obtaining the tools necessary to foster excellence, then you’ll want to be here.
How do I sign up?
Pricing and Registration:
- Experienced: Student pricing for the experienced camp is $199 per ticket with a $20 discount for each subsequent sibling. Just select the sibling option below and click whichever option is best for you.
- Novice: Student pricing for the novice camp is $30 per ticket. We are capping registration for the Novice Camp at 24 students, so get your ticket ASAP! Additionally, in order to register for the Ethos Novice Charlotte camp, the Host Club F5 has requested that you meet the following qualifications:
- From the Charlotte area
- Not currently involved in a debate club
- If you fail to meet these qualifications but still wish to sign up for the novice camp, please sign up for the Novice Non-Resident Camp. Tickets for non-residents are $99.
Ethos will refund 75% of the registration fee if a student cancels prior to July 1st. After that, there are no refunds. If there’s a serious emergency, we will flex as much as possible.
Partial and occasionally full scholarships are available for those in true need. Please email email@example.com to explain your need.
Parents and coaches always attend Ethos camps at no charge. If there is interest, we will have a parent-focused breakout session. Dozens of parents have learned to debate at Ethos camps.
13-18 years old. For an exception, email firstname.lastname@example.org.