It’s about that time again. We’re taking on some new blogging interns. Over 50 alum have been able to use an Ethos position on their resumes for college and jobs, and earned excellent recommendation letters and experience in the process. If you’re interested in an incredible learning experience and think the Ethos mission is special, then we’d love to have you on the team.
In February, we hired our first few interns for the blog and it was a great experience. Here’s what a couple of our interns say about their experience.
“Blogging for Ethos not only afforded me an outlet for writing, but was instrumental in honing my skills. Isaiah’s invaluable critiques helped me focus on my weak areas, not to mention I’m writing about a subject I love!” – Joel Erickson
“Overall, I have had a fantastic experience with Ethos’ blog. As those who know me well know, I love to share my opinions and ideas, and Ethos gave me an outlet for doing so—and a helpful outlet at that: publishing stratagem and topic articles allowed me to share advice and research to a wide range of debaters, from novice to advanced…And now I have the experience, which is great for my resume and skills in general.” – Harrison Durland
Fun Fact: 90% of paid Ethos coaches were Ethos students or interns first
- Blogger – Compose two blogs per month, on an assigned topic. Your blog’s outline will be reviewed by Isaiah McPeak to help you reach greater depths. In addition, you will contribute 5-10 new blog post ideas each month. Six Month Internship.
- Editor Assistant – Help manage the scheduling and rhythmic publication of posts and the automated newsletter. Add calls-to-action to any posts, ensure legal-to-use images are in posts, edit posts, and add cross-links to other Ethos blogs. Also complete any other one-time projects the editor has for you. One Year Internship.
- Helping our audience
- Writing experience, including critiques by Isaiah McPeak (entrepreneur, consultant, author, and rhetoric coach)
- Pad your resume with real experience, and see your pretty face on the Ethos staff page
- Attend any Ethos summer camps free of charge