Who is Amanda?Amanda graduated from highschool in 2021, after being classically homeschooled. During her education, she had extensive experience writing papers or presentations, presenting them, and defending her beliefs. She is now enrolled as a Freshman at New Saint Andrews College for her B.A. in Liberal Arts. During her 4 years in the NCFCA, Amanda’s crowning moments were a 1st place Team Policy finish in 2020 on Impromptu Neg Topicality, taking 1st Biblical Thematic at each 2021 Regional Qualifier plus Regionals, 3rd place 2021 Team Policy Speaker at Regionals, and being the only team from her Region to break at the 2021 National Championship, placing 14th. Amanda has competed in Team Policy debate for three years, and participated in eight speech events over four years in the NCFCA. In 2021, she qualified to Nationals in all her speech events, plus debate. Most of Amanda’s expertise lies with Team Policy Debate, and Interpretation speeches, but she also has experience with Apologetics, Impromptu, Informative, and Persuasive speaking. During the 2020 season, Amanda served her club as a Research Leader, and in 2021 she was unofficially titled Research Coordinator and main Research Leader. When she joined Ethos Legends in the spring of 2021, Amanda truly recognized the shaping power an excellent coach can have on a student. Amanda’s speaker points reflected this change in dedicated coaching. Her speaker average continued to increase each tournament, landing at a High Low of 28.25 at Regionals. Her own personal experience prompted her to become part of a company with ever-expanding resources available to competitors.
Coaching PhilosophyAmanda’s biggest goal is to help students achieve the ability to critique themselves, find and implement a fix, and become better communicators because of it. She truly believes in the concept of iron sharpening iron, which applies just as much to a coach-student relationship just as much as between friends.
- Apologetics top rankings 2021 included 9th and 13th place finishes at National Opens, 6th, 7th, and 3rd at Regionals qualifiers, ending with 6th place at Regionals.
- Over the 2021 season, achieved five 1st place finishes in Biblical Thematic, including Regionals.
- Open Interp highlights included 5th, 7th, and 4th at National Opens. 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th at Qualifiers, 2nd at Regionals and 10th at the National Championship.
- Amanda considers her weakest event to be any platform speech, which meant her 2nd place Persuasive finish at a Qualifier was one of her proudest moments.
- In the 2021 NCFCA competitive season 2nd and 3rd place Team Policy finishes among others, achieving 14th at Nationals. One of 15 teams among 58 that advanced to outrounds.
- Team Policy speaker awards highlights were two 4th places and 3rd speaker at Regionals.
- For the competition season 2019, 2020, and 2021 broke in more than one event per tournament.