Have you ever sat down to research but didn’t know where to begin? Have you ever spent 5 hours in front of the computer just to find 2 pages of evidence? I know the feeling.
In this webinar, Isaiah explains the most effective methods and tools for researching. He teaches a group of new debaters how to use their time and resources efficiently to create the best strategies and briefs. This video includes computer tricks, browser tips, how to create a table of contents, and more. He also teaches us how to create a research plan based on the information we know about a case.
My top takeaways:
- Page breaks! and useful computer shortcuts
- Tree-style tabbed browsing
- Why styling works the way it does
- The importance of journals
- How to create a RESEARCH PLAN, instead of just googling “immigration courts bad”