Debate like one of the greats.
Travel back in time and see what Socrates, Aristotle, Cicero, Plato, and others had to say about your craft. During this 5-week class, you will revolutionize your debate and speech skills by learning critical thinking, ancient rhetoric, and logic as it was taught by the Masters.
What will we cover in this class?
- History of logic/rhetoric: understanding competitive debate & speech
- The Common Topics, the Four Idols, Cicero’s forms of testimony, Modes of Proof, Canons of Rhetoric, dialectics vs. rhetoric, and so much more!
- Aristotelian and Socratic definitions & philosophies of communication
- Starting with beginner material and building up to advanced
- Finish the course participating in a historically accurate debate on Team Socrates or Team Aristotle!
Thursdays, 7:00-9:00 PM EST via Zoom.
- 5-week course. Short, sweet, worth it. Classes start on Monday, April 14, 2020. Classes end on May 22, 2020.
- $75 per student. Can’t beat that deal.
- Virtual meetings, recorded in the cloud. Can’t make a meeting? We got you covered with recordings of each session.
- An email from your instructor(s) with all the details specific to your class will be sent to you one week before your class starts. Stay tuned.